MACHU PICCHU INCA TRAIL + CUSCO AND LIMA VISIT
DAY 01 – LIMA
- Transfer from Lima airport to the hotel.
- Overnight at the Casa Andina Centro Hotel in Miraflores or similar.
DAY 02 – LIMA – CUSCO
- 9:00 am: Private City Tour + Larco Museum (lunch included in Larco Museum)
- Transfer to the airport for your flight to Cusco
- Upon your arrival in Cusco private transfer to the Eureka hotel in San Blas, the city’s most picturesque district characterized by narrow and steep streets and colonial houses
- Overnight at the Eureka Boutique Hotel.
DAY 03 – CUSCO – SACRED VALLEY
- 08:15: To start your group tour to the Sacred Valley of the Incas, visit the archaeological complex of Pisac, the popular indigenous market of Pisac, the archaeological complex of Ollantaytambo, lunch buffet at Restaurant Tunupa.
- Return to Cusco and on the way visit to Chinchero archaelogical site.
- Overnight at the Eureka Boutique Hotel.
DAY 04 – INCA TRAIL – FIRST DAY
PISCACUCHO (Km.82)–HUAYLLABAMBA (The Easy day)
- You will be picked up from your hotel at scheduled time, and transferred in our car to KM 82. The route will go through the beautiful Sacred Valley of the Incas. After approximately one hour and a half, we will cross the little town of Ollantaytambo, where we will make a little stop to take some pictures of this fortress and have a little rest. We will continue our trip following a rural road that goes parallel to the railroad, which will lead us to the KM 82, where we will unpack and get prepared to the walking with our excursion team (cookers, assistants and porters). At this point, the passengers will have to show their passports to the security personnel of the Sanctuary and once these has been reviewed they will be able to cross a bridge that will take you to the other side of the river where they will start climbing in a parallel line to the Urubamba River, which goes from north to west across the Sacred Valley. In this first section of the Inca Trail, we will visit the Community of Miskay (2800 meters), where we will stop for meeting the natives and try the popular drink known as “chicha”, which is offered by the ladies of this place. Later we will start climbing through a little tableland where we will experience an amazing Andean landscape, and see in the base of the mountains a beautiful Inca building known as “Patallacta”, located at 2750 meters. At this point we will stop and our local guide will provide us information regarding this interesting Inca legacy. After that, we will continue walking for two hours along the Cusichaca River, going upwards until reaching a beautiful spot where we will stop for lunch and take a little break.
Shortly after that, we will continue walking through a zone full of vegetation, where is highly probable seeing the beautiful giant hummingbird native from this region. After a two hours walk we will arrive to our first camping, located in Wayllabamba, at 3000 meters.
- You will be able to enjoy a marvelous Andean landscape and the majesty of Veronica Mountain, 5832 meters over sea level.
- Camps will be assigned depending on the availability of entrants to the Inca Trail, seasons. (L, D)
NOTE: It is normal if the first day feels hot during the dry season (May to September). We strongly recommend bringing light and fresh clothing, as well as a good sunscreen and a hat to protect your face.
- Maximum altitude: 3000 M
- Minimum Altitude: 2650 M
- Distance traveled: 12 km
- Approximate time of walk: 5 to 6 hours.
DAY 05 – INCA TRAIL – SECOND DAY
HUAYLLABAMBA – PACAYMAYU (The challenge day)
- In this second day of the Inca Trail we will wake up early, around 06:00 am. This will be necessary in order to get ready and have breakfast before starting the excursion. Later we will start walking through a narrow road covered by plants, across a little bridge that will take us towards a cloudy forest of a unique beauty. In this section of the trip you should climb many stairs, for which we recommend taking all the time that is needed and stopping for a break when necessary. Following the route, we will arrive to the Llulluchapampa sector, where we will make a quick stop just to rest and get prepared to climb to the highest point of our walk, the famous pass Warmyhuañuska, located at 4200 meters above the sea level. These sectors include about 2 kilometers of distance and are a bit steep, for which we will recommend going slowly and stopping for a break whenever needed. In this part of the trip we will face the most difficult part of the walk, as we will be over 4200 meter height; however this part is also known as one of the most beautiful landscapes of the world. Once we have reached the top of the mountain, we will be granted with a spectacular view of the Andean mountains. For this special day, we recommend bringing some chocolates, lemon candy, a lot of water and even some coca leaves. In the top we will be able to take the classic pictures of the Inca Trail. After that we will descend by a winding valley until the point where we will stop and have lunch. During this last part it is possible to watch diverse type of wild birds.
- At last we will arrive to the camp of Pacaymayo (3600 meters above sea level) (B, L, D).
- Maximum altitude: 4200 M
- Minimum Altitude: 3000 M
- Distance traveled: 9 km
- Approximate time of walk: 6 – 7 hours
- Today after an early morning wake-up and tent service of hot tea or coffee, followed by a nourishing breakfast, we begin the most difficult and longest part of the trek, which consists of a steep ascent that stretches for 9 km.
- Meals on route: Lunch, Dinner and snacks.
- Set of the second camp.
DAY 06 – INCA TRAIL – THIRD DAY
PACAYMAYU – WIÑAYWAYNA (The unforgettable day)
- A lot of visitors feel that this is one of the longest days of the excursion, but at the same time, one of the most beautiful due to the presence of marvelous Inca buildings along the road. This day we will get up at 06:00 hours. After a tasty breakfast we will start our walk climbing through a steep road. Soon we will arrive to Runkurakay ruins, a beautiful Inca oval building which is believed to be as a Inca watchtower. After hearing the historical explanation we will continue until Runkurakay pass, located at 3900 meters above sea level. During this trip we will find a little lake where sometimes you can watch Andean goose and other native bird species. After the pass, we will descend to a beautiful valley full of plants; here we will visit Sayacmarka ruins, located at 3,624 meters . This is an interesting Inca construction, built over a steep slope, surrounded by marvelous mountains. After visiting Sayacmarka, we will continue descending to the cloudy forest, arriving to the Puyupatamarka ruins, composed of impressive fountains and water channels that are spectacular works of hydraulic engineering made by the Incas. At this stop we will have a good time, after which we will continue down to reach one of the most beautiful Inca buildings of the place: the ruins of Wiñaywayna. These are without any doubt one of the most beautiful of all the ruins after Machu Picchu. Wiñaywayna means “forever young” . After exploring every corner of Wiñaywayna we head to our last camp, which is located a few meters away. (B, L, D)
- Máximum Altitude: 3900 M
- Minimum Altitude: 2700 M
- Distance traveled: 14 km
- Approximate hiking time: 7 to 8 hours.
- Following your morning chef-prepared breakfast, we’ll trek for 1.25 hours to the 3rd pass of the Inca Trail. It will be a 3 hour trek from Phuyupatamarka to our final campground of Wiñay Wayna. After Machu Picchu, this is the most exceptional Inca site on the trail. In the afternoon, you’ll have time to discover several Inca sites apart from the stunning Wiñay Wayna. Tonight you will enjoy a magnificent dinner presentation and then it will be early to bed as the next morning will be a very early start, insuring we are at the Sungate to enjoy the views of the Citadel before the crowds arrive later in the day.
DAY 7 – INCA TRAIL FOURTH DAY
WIÑAYWAYNA – MACHUPICCHU (The special day)
- On the last day we will wake up very early, at 03:30 hrs. After breakfast, we will quickly go and pass the control gate to enter the path that leads directly to Machu Picchu. It is advisable to bring a good flashlight, because this time it is normally dark here. After walking for about one hour and a half, we will arrive at Inti Punku or Sun Gate, a magnificent point from where you can see the city of Machu Picchu. At this point we can relax for a few minutes, take pictures of the group, and finally go down to reach the recognized as one of the seventh wonders of the world: Machu Picchu.
It was long thought that Machu Picchu was only part of a legend, until in 1911 the American explorer Hiram Bingham discovered it only after many expeditions in the area. Machu Picchu rises to a height of 2430 meters above sea level, in the middle of a tropical forest with an extraordinary location. It was without any doubt one of the most amazing urban creation in Inca times. Its massive walls, terraces and ramps seem to be continually cut in the rocky cliffs. Our guide will take you on a tour of the most impressive of this beautiful Inca city. This will take us about 2 hours, after which we have free time to explore each city on our own taste and preference. Then you get de bus to the town of Aguas Calientes, to take the train that will take us back to the city. At the time indicated on the ticket of train our staff will be waiting at the station, from where we will transfer to your hotel. (B)
- Maximum altitude: 2700 M
- Minimum Altitude: 2400 M
- Distance: 7 km
- Approximate walking time: 3 to 4 hours.
DAY 08 – CUSCO – LIMA
- At the proper time, transfer to the Cusco airport to board your flight back to Lima
END OF OUR SERVICES
THIS PROGRAM INCLUDES:
• All transports airport / hotel / train station and vice versa in Lima and Cusco.
• Private City tour + Larco Museum (lunch incuded)
• All tours in group in Cusco mentioned in the travel plan.
• Transfer by bus to km.82 (trail head)
• Entrance Fee, Inca Trail and Machu Picchu.
• A large tent, for each 2 persons.
• Mattress, one per person.
• Kitchen tent.
• Dining tent.
• Enough tables and chairs.
• English speaking professional tour guide (over 8 members, 2 guides).
• An expert cook
• Porters (to carry tent, food, cooking equipment)
• Train Ticket expedition
• Full meals during the trek.
• Daily snack bag.
• Daily afternoon tea service.
• Daily wake up tea, and hot water for washing.
• Daily morning boiled and cold water to fill the water bottles.
• Emergency oxygen bottle and medical kit.
• Transfer train station / hotel
• Bus Ticket from Machu Picchu to Aguas Calientes
• Lodging according to the chosen category.
• Breakfast during the whole trip, lunch on the second day at the Larco Museum Restaurant in Lima and on the third day at the Tunupa Restaurant in Urubamba
• Local guides during the excursions, personal assistance and guidance during the whole journey
• Besides our offices, assistance provided 24 hours during your stay in Peru.
• Tickets to all the attractions included in the program.
THIS PROGRAM EXCLUDES:
• International flight
• Domestic flights between Lima / Cuzco / Lima.
• Meals unless mentioned.
• Gratuities, insurance, personal expenses.
- Casa Andina Centro: https://www.casa-andina.com/en/destinations/miraflores/standard-miraflores-centro/
- Eureka: http://peru-eureka.com/
Price per person based in double room $ 1377