THIS PROGRAM INCLUDES:
• All transports airport / hotel / train station in Lima and Cusco
• Domestic flights between Lima / Cusco / Lima
• All tours in group in Lima and Cusco mentioned in the travel plan.
• Executive Inca Rail Train Ollantaytambo / Machu Picchu / Ollantaytambo
• Lodging according to the chosen category.
• Breakfast during the whole trip
• Lunch in the Larco Museum; Buffet lunch in the Sacred Valley; Aguas Calientes; Humantay Lagoon and the Rainbow Mountain.
• Buffet dinner + show at Don Antonio Restaurant.
• Local guides during the excursions, personal assistance and guidance during the whole Journey
• Besides our offices, assistance provided 24 hours during your stay in Peru.
• Tickets to all the attractions included in the program.
THIS PROGRAM EXCLUDES:
• International flight
• Meals unless mentioned.
• Gratuities, insurance, personal expenses.
Casa Andina Centro: https://www.casa-andina.com/en/destinations/miraflores/standard-miraflores-centro/ or similar
• Hotel en Cusco: Hotel Kusipaqari – http://www.kusipaqarihotel.com/index.php/es/
• Hotel en Machu Picchu: Hotel Inka’s Land – http://hotelinkasland.com/index.html
DAY 01: USA – LIMA
• International flight number to be advised.
• Transfer from Lima airport to the hotel.
• Overnight at the Casa Andina Centro Hotel in Miraflores or similar.
DAY 02: LIMA – CUSCO
CITY TOUR COLONIAL + LARCO MUSEUM + LUNCH
• 9:00 – Pick up from hotel to start the Lima City Tour.
• Guided visit to the Historical Center and its impressive monuments, like the Plaza San Martín, the Basilica Lima Cathedral, the Government Palace, the Archbishop’s Palace and the City Hall, then continue with the visit to the Convent of San Francisco considered the most important architectural work of Latin America, here you will appreciate its catacombs. In our tour we will see the Plaza San Martín.
• Founded in 1926, the Larco Museum exhibits an impressive archaeological collection in different galleries that allows us to see the development of Peruvian pre-Columbian cultures with more than 3000 years old.
• Located in a viceregal 18th century mansion built over a 7th century pre-Columbian pyramid is surrounded by beautiful gardens.
• The Museum has one of the finest collections of gold and silver and 45,000 masterpieces classified.
• 13:00 Lunch included in the Larco Museum.
• 15:00 Transfer to the airport for your flight to Cusco
• 18:00 Arrival in Cusco city and transfer to the hotel
• Overnight at the selected hotel.
DAY 03: CUSCO
• Sacred Valley – Aguas Calientes
8:00 a.m. To start with this lovely tour to the sacred valley,30 minutes from Cusco is the zoo of Ccochahuasi where you can see Andean animals like, the condor, fox, puma etc. After enjoying the zoo, you will visit the weaving center of Awanacancha or alpaca farm and you will observe the woven process with South American camelid wool and here you can also see llama, alpaca, vicuña and guanaco. Then visit the Pisac market free time to buy some gifts, after that you will visit the archeological center of Písac located in the high part. The tour continues to Urubamba to enjoy a delicious lunch.
• After lunch we continue to Ollantaytambo, known as the living Inca city since its inhabitants maintain ancestral customs and in the time of the Incas was an important administrative center, agricultural and religious. In the afternoon you will board the train that will take you transferred to your hotel. Train departure time: 7:00 pm.
DAY 4: MACHU PICCHU
• Early departure, our guide will meet you at your hotel between 7:00 to 7:30 am to board the touristic bus to drop off you at the main door where you have to show your original passport at the check point, and then try to be the first visitors inside of the wonder of the world Machu Picchu and the archaeological sites you will have a complete guided tour during 2 to 3 hours of this spectacular mystical place. The guided tour basically includes walk through the different sections such as: The Urban sector, the agriculture sector, and the religions zone that was used by the Inca Culture. After the guided tour in Machu Picchu, you will have free time to explore by yourself, walk at your own space, a lot of selfies and to meet other tourists into the sanctuary. After the guided tour, you will enjoy a buffette lunch in Aguas Calientes and then our guide will give you all the instructions for your bus down and in the afternoon you will board the train until to Ollantaytambo Station.
• Upon your arrival transfer to your hotel. Overnight
DAY 5: CUSCO
• Hike to Humantay Lagoon
In the morning we will pick you up from your hotel at 6.00 am, then we drive for 2 hours until Mollepata (2900 m.a.s.l.) located at the North of Cusco region, where we are going to have a delicious breakfast, later we continue in the car for 1hour
more to Soraypampa (3900 m.a.s.l.), starting point for the trek, hiking to Humantay lake (4200masl) We ascend 300 m uphill it is going to take us 1 hour approx.
• Here we are going to enjoy the view of the Humantay Glaciar (5450 m.a.s.l.), located in the Vilcabamba range in the Andes, after enjoying and taking many pictures this lake we go back to Soraypampa.
• Buffet lunch at Mollepata and then back to Cusco to the Regocijo square.
DAY 6: CUSCO
• Salt Mines and Moray
We will pick you up from your hotel around 8 a.m. and head to the farming laboratory in Moray. This beautiful trip is about one hour and 15 minutes. On your drive, you will see the snow-capped peaks of the Andes, lush yellow fields of wheat, and some villages. Finally, you will arrive at the fascinating display of terraces in Moray. Moray boasts three amphitheater-like terraces, made by the Incas. These terraces, which are carved deep into the earth, in the shape of a bowl, were thought to be used to determine the optimal conditions for growing crops.
When you are done exploring Moray, you will head to the ancient salt mines near the village of Maras, where salty springs emerge. The Incas built the terraces to capture the flows. It was a salt producing center during the colonial era. The salt evaporation ponds are still intact and you will be able to observe how the workers of the local communities recovered from these mines.
• Return to Cusco and on the way make a brief stop in Chinchero, to visit the colonial temple, built on Inca wall bases. After that you will come back to Cusco around 2:00 pm.
• 18:30 Pick up from your hotel for your dinner at the Don Antonio Restaurant. You will find traditional Peruvian and Novo Andean food and enjoy a lunch or a dinner full of joy with good shows of traditional music and dance.
Day 7: CUSCO
• Rainbow Mountain Hike
This fantastic day starts in Cusco when we will pick you up at 6:00 am in your hotel, then we will take you for 2 hours by private and safe transport until Cusipata, where you will have breakfast. After that you will continue until the starting point to hike through an undiscovered land of wild desert landscapes. The hike to the rainbow mountain will take around 1 hour 30 minutes (depending on fitness level), once you get to the top of the mountain the guide will explain you about the rainbow mountain and you will have enough time to enjoy the landscape and take beautiful pictures.
• After break we will come back for the same trail, this part of the trek you will find it much easier. Back in Cusipata you will have a delicious buffet lunch (vegetarian option) and take a little bit time to relax before to return to Cusco. Our private vehicle will be waiting to take you back to Cusco for dropping off at your hotel arriving around 6 pm.
• You will likely be exhausted but will go to bed with a big smile on your face knowing you have completed one of the hardest treks in Peru!
• Walking distance 7 km roundtrip.
DAY 8: CUSCO – LIMA
• 8:30 am: City tour to appreciate a living example of the mix of Andean and Spanish culture.
• We begin the tour at the Cathedral where you will see approximately 300 paintings from the Cusquenian School, a marvel of religious art. After that you will visit the Convent of Santo Domingo, built over the Coricancha, which was the Ancient Inca Palace and the main worship center of the Sun God. Then visit the archaeological site of Sacsayhuaman, with its impressive Inca architecture which dominates the city. Finally, we explore the archaeological sites of Q’enqo, Puca Pucara and Tambomachay, which are located in the north east section of the city.
• Return to the hotel.
• According to the schedule of your flight to Lima, transfer to the Cusco airport. Arrival in Lima and connect with your international flight.
END OF OUR SERVICES
PRICE PER PERSON BASED IN DOUBLE ROOM US$ 1599.00
Discounts on the price for:
• Students US$ 40.00
• 12 to 17 years old US$ 50.00
• 5 to 11 years old US$ 70.00
Note: Copy of the passport is required .++