FULL DAY CARAL + BANDURRIA (Private Service)
The Sacred City of Caral-Supe reflects the rise of civilisation in the Americas. As a fully developed socio-political state, it is remarkable for its complexity and its impact on developing settlements throughout the Supe Valley and beyond. Its early use of the quipu as a recording device is considered of great significance. The design of both the architectural and spatial components of the city is masterful, and the monumental platform mounds and recessed circular courts are powerful and influential expressions of a consolidated state.
- 7:00 am: Pick up from your hotel to go to the Sacred City of Caral.
- 11:00 am: Visit the Sacred City of Caral, located at 200 kilometers from Lima in the Supe Valley.You will get to know the culture that developed simultaneously with the ancient cultures of Mesopotamia and Egypt about 5,000 years ago.
- Caral was declared as Cultural Heritage of Humanity of the Sacred Citadel of Caral-Supe on June 28, 2009.
- On the way back to Lima we will visit the archaeological site of Bandurria, where we can appreciate a large architectural complex of civic-ceremonial structures.
- Return to Lima.
Our program includes:
- Private transport
- Bilingual guide from Lima city
- Entrances to the Caral city
- One bottle of water per passenger
- Local guide in Caral City.
We recommend to bring:
- One hut.
- Trekking shoes
- Repelent and Sun Block
- Video camara
Price per person: US$ 279